Ankle Range of Motion
This exercise was developed by Summit Medical Group, which is a rehabilitation center, to help increase the range of motion or flexibility of the ankles. According to them, the exercise helps in strengthening tibialis muscles that prevent the person from getting sprains and other injuries common to the person bearing high arches pain. Here is a simple and best way to perform it:
- Sit comfortably and strain on a chair.
- Stretch your one leg straight and without moving try to point your feet backward towards your torso.
- Stretch it as back as you can move.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds.
- Next, rotate your ankle 10 times clockwise and 10 times anticlockwise.
One tip is use running shoes to feel more comfortable with this exercise.
Ultimate way to build strong tissues around your feet balls. To perform this exercise we would suggest wearing best running shoes for high arches to avoid excessive pressure on the feet balls. Here is the best way to do it:
- Stand on a staircase and hold the railings or whatever available for the support.
- Slowly move backward enough to stand only on your feet balls and toes.
- Now lower your heels until you start feeling stretching in calf muscles. Initially, hold on to this position for 10 seconds.
Along with the above physical treatments, we would recommend you to wear the best running shoes for high arches when you are out or even at your home. These running shoes are designed keeping in mind the need of people with high arches.