Toe lifts are meant to strengthen the extenders, which is a group of muscles that is responsible for the movement of toes up and down. With strong extenders comes strong feet muscles and flexibility.
To perform this exercise:
- Make yourself comfortable on a chair with feet flat on the floor.
- Now slowly lift your big toe up without moving the small toes.
- Practice until you reach a point where you can finally raise all five toes. Begin from the biggest toe to the smallest one.
- Similarly, when lowering the tow follow the sequence of the fifth toe to the first toe.
- 15 sets will be good enough for beginners
The main purpose of toe curls is to strengthen toe flexors. It helps in relaxing your muscles between each grip. It helps a lot in reducing high arch pain by relaxing these muscles.
Follow the below steps:
- Place a dry towel on the floor under your one foot.
- Now stretch the towel and pull it back into the grip using your toes for 5 seconds.
- Next time after gripping the towel, try to lift your toe up to 2 inches above the ground.
- Repeat the process 5 times for surprising results.